Sunday, September 10, 2017

Out on the farm

When you've had a full week and Life stresses just become too much it's really nice to just go to the farm on a Sunday evening, climb up into the tractor and til up dirt.  The troubles just kind of meltaway. Today's weather was nice and breezy as I was walking up and back through the fields just thinking about nothing I am thankful to be still and there with the beautiful purple grass, because yes the grass is purple right now, Soemtimes working on the farm is the break we need. Yes, it's still work but it's different. It's tangible and it's not exactly rushed. Even when it sounds like I've got it as just another "To Do" list item, it's really not.

I don't know if I'll always view it this way. And I guess if I'm honest I don't view all the work with rose colored glasses. Some work, like cleaning out the chicken coup, I strongly dislike. I agreed to get chickens this year and although I don't regret it I must confess, I HATE birds. All birds. Including chickens. I'm not the chicken woman who's holding and cuddling my chickens. Oh no. I tend to them with the kids and make sure they are well cared for but really, they creep me out! With their beedy little eyes on the sides of their heads so they have to kinda turn them to look at you. And our chickens are so used to us they run right up to you and then just stand there and stare at you. And when their in the coup that makes them level with my cheat! Yuck!

The next addition may be goats. We'll see on that one. I know all the advantages to having them and I've read about what to do to fence them in and I'm certain we can learn to take care of them. However, I HATE goats too!! Their eyes!!! It is like they are the spawns of the devil himself!!! I can't hardly look at them they gross me out so much! I have these aweful day dreams of one of them standing up on their back legs and talking to me. Good grief I just don't know if I can do goats. But they seem like they'd be easier to handle than cattle and I REALLY don't think I'm ready for cows yet.

Farm life is an adventure, that's for sure. Purple grass, chickens, dirt and poop, chicken poop to be exact. We're all a big part of my evening today.

But, I chose this life and tonight, no regrets!


No comments:

Post a Comment